Monday, June 30, 2008

The Continuing Meltdown at 9-11 Blogger

Jeez, if I were shedding pounds like 9-11 Blogger is shedding readers, I'd be able to fit into clothes I bought ten years ago, instead of five. I've commented about this several times in the past, but 9-11 Blogger is an excellent gauge of public interest in 9-11 conspiracy theories. It almost never gets an incoming link from a major blog, so anybody going over there is usually surfing directly to the site.

To give you an idea of how bad things are, this month, 9-11 Blogger will have about 160,000 visitors, as compared to 238,000 visitors a year earlier. In fact, June of 2008 is 9-11 Blogger's worst month for traffic since July of 2006. In June 2007, the site averaged about 7900 visitors per day; this month they did not even get 6500 visitors on their busiest day.

This marks the third consecutive month where traffic was off significantly (by a third or more) from the year earlier period. And yes, to answer the inevitable question, our traffic is off too. But I would be happy to see both our traffic counts decline; I'm not sure Reprehensor would take that deal.

Update: Alex Jones apparently wants the 9-11 Blogger guys on his show. Gee, wonder if old leatherlungs read my post this morning!