More Silencing of Dissent!
Over at the Loose Change Forums, that is. James and I had the amusing experience earlier this month of being challenged to post over there by several commenters on the blog, who no doubt assumed that we would shrink like the Wicked Witch of the West when doused with the water of truth.
I lasted about 7 posts before some Looser banned me for not answering his question about a sex with boys ring in the Reagan-era White House--no, I'm not kidding. James was also summarily kayoed. To their credit a couple of the Loose Change forum members griped about this and briefly it appeared that we would be reinstated. Fortunately hotter heads prevailed and we remain locked out of the "Skeptics" portion of their forum until August, when we will no doubt be asked to account for the USS Liberty.
Our guest poster today had the same result [my comments]:
A week or two ago it came to my attention that I got a crapload of hits from the Universal Pictures "United 93" message boards from a poster named 'jebb'. Apparently he was a fan of the comic because he linked Chronicles of Garas in his signature along with a huge "YARLY" owl image. I even got a few fun emails about it.
I don't know why he did that and to be honest, I don't care. But ..9/11, that's a big thing to me. I know it's strange that Canadian is interested in an attack done in the states. I see it as something that totally changed how the entire Western world looked at the Middle East and Islam. Before, not many people really cared about Israel or what was happening there. We were shown videos in schools about how Muslim women had to dress heavily to cover their faces in World Religion class, but otherwise, it was just another culture that we would never really get to experience or care about.
Then a fellow by the name of Osama Bin Laden decided to greet the western world by slamming planes into the two towers and Pentagon. Now everyone from the Western world diverted their gaze from domestic problems to the Middle East. Who were these people, and why did they attack us? Why did they hate us? And for the record, I'm not talking about every freaking Muslim here; just the crazy ones.
Conspiracy theories now show up on the internet, with Alex Jones finally quitting his day job and posting online radio shows to tell the world about the global elite ready to rape us, with the powers of Immigration and Feminism. Michael Moore compares Bush to Hitler, makes a few crappy documentaries, and gets rich. The new players on the scene? Three kids who made a video called "Loose Change 9/11", a film that is purportedly dedicated to the lives of those lost in 9/11 and exposes the truth.
I joined the Loose Change boards and debated with these people denying 9/11's official story, mainly asking questions as "why didn't this happen" if their theory is true. Logical questions, like if the WTC 7 was really bought down by bombs, the fire fighters and Larry Silverstein would be part of a multi-billion dollar scandal. Of course, I never really got a direct answer, just personal attacks. I spent two hours dicking around and found out that this morning that I was banned.
It saddens me to see that apparently intelligent people who live in one of the best countries, if not the best, actually believe their government would pull off such a thing. Not only that, but with every bit of education and help they get from society, they spit back at them. They will use small bits of evidence and twist those to their view, ignoring everything else. They claim to be skeptical and open-minded, but will not hear the other side. They claim to fight for freedom, but as you can see from my banning, that they don't endorse that either. The Loose Change 9/11 forums also have a "Skeptics" forum so they can move posts that disagree with their view so the other members don't need to view it.
Here is just a summary of some of the sources and "facts" in Loose Change, just so you get the idea on how poorly made and how fabricated this documentation really is. Some of these facts I also learn on the Loose Change forums.
- Grade 10 physics is good enough knowledge to make a judgment on 9/11
- Experts educated in their fields should not be trusted. Despite both private and public investigations were at the ground zero, they are "part of the coverup"
- Jews are bad
- American Free Press, a news source that is pretty much well-known for white supremacy and hating Jews, is a valid source of journalism. Loose Change documentation uses these guys often. In fact, one of the headlines stated in the newspaper they show at the video, says "Attack on Syria approved by Washington Warmongers". No bias eh?
- Jimmy Walter is a great source of information, despite having no expertise on the field.
- A message board post is credible source.
- Jeff King, an MIT electric engineer, is valued over a structual engineer's opinion (fun fact: No structual engineer said the buildings were bought down by bombs)
- NORAD is the air police and stood down on 9/11, even though not a single airline pilot or member of NORAD came forward and stated something was wrong after 9/11. Canada is in on 9/11 too.
- A simile ("As if there were bombs placed") is concrete evidence.
- All explosions are created by bombs.
- Rigging a huge building takes a few hours without no one noticing. (http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/14122036.htm - 30 story building takes four months)
- A bunch of high school kids can tell that there were bombs in the buildings, despite millions of witnesses that day. [And many structural engineers who disagree].
- A spokesperson has the same technical-know-how as an engineer.
- A Mexican mining engineer has a valid say when it comes to buildings coming down.
I could go on and on, but this is just some of the disinformation in Loose Change [and on the forums]. These people sicken me, because they would wait until destruction comes by, profit from it, and hide behind their 'truth movement'. Alex Jones, Michael Moore, and the members of Loose Change can't wait for something to big to happen so they can blame it on the government, while asking for donations to 'seek' the truth. They are nothing more than vultures. They plan on raiding the next 9/11 memorial in New York to heckle people who lost family members and friends there to 'tell them the truth'. If America had truly become a police state, these bastards wouldn't exist.
(Minor editing to conform to site style)
Amen, BK! BTW, he has a web-comic that those of you who are into Sword & Sorcery will enjoy. I'm an old Conan fan myself so this one is right up my alley.