Monday, June 11, 2007

Kucinich's 9-11 Investigation



He says he's going to be looking into "financial issues" related to 9-11. I'm not particularly opposed to this line of inquiry. It might be useful to put the "Put Options" story to bed, or finally nail down whether the head of the ISI really ordered $100,000 to be wired to Mohamed Atta.

But Kucinich is definitely flirting with disaster here, because it strikes me as highly unlikely that he will come up with anything that will please the "Truthers", even though they are thrilled with him right now. As has often been observed, riding the tiger is easy; it's getting off that can be difficult.

Update: I did a little checking over at SourceWatch on Kucinich's committee assigments. Kucinich chairs the subcommittee on Domestic Policy under the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

Yeah, I'm scratching my head too.

Labels: