Sunday, July 01, 2007

DZ Out at 9-11 Blogger?

This is big news in the 9-11 blogging community, but I'll confess I don't have a clue as to what it means.

It was never my intention to run this website forever, and certainly not in its current state. This site has grown over the last three years from being visited by a few friends each day to being viewed by ~10,000 people a day, competitive in numbers to other blogs like bradblog.com, democrats.com, and smirkingchimp.com - the difference being that they do this professionally, and I've done this as a dedicated hobby in my personal time. This site isn't perfect, it never has been, but I know that this site has been a positive for the movement as a whole, and I know that any decisions I made were what I thought was right for the site at the time - including my decision to hand the site over now.


Let me indulge myself in a rare moment of praise for the opposition. 9-11 Blogger is an excellent blog, well designed and well managed. I don't agree with them on a lot of things, starting with everything about 9-11, but they represent their cause as well as can be imagined; far better than either of the Scholars groups.