Friday, September 07, 2007

Our My Space Buddy Debates a Truther

And makes some terrific points like this one:

sorry, but these last two (or three) positions are extremely mutually exclusive. you can not say "LIHOP" one minute then the next minute say "MIHOP". You must choose which one you want to defend, and then provide evidence (and i beg you, provide something REAL. you'd be the first.)


Yep, this is what irks me about Dylan's claim that he wants people to believe LIHOP at a minimum. What he means is that his MIHOP evidence is weak and he wants a second shot. It's like asking a girl out on a date and when she turns you down asking her friend sitting next to her. Sorry, you don't get two choices.

Let me add here that I'm thrilled at the number of solid debunkers coming to the fore these days. We've always felt we had the best arguments, but our bench was a little weak. Now it seems like every day there's a new video debunking series, or a forum debunker or (as in this case) a My Space debunker doing a wonderful job.

I'll close by quoting Churchill: This is not the end, or even the beginning of the end. It is, however, perhaps the end of the beginning.