Monday, August 11, 2008

More On the Paranoid Schizophrenic

The guy who acknowledged on the Richard Gage teleconference that he had been diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic is Michael Cook. The story rang a bell in my mind and so I went digging for it this afternoon. The best detailed summary of the story is here.

Basically, the guy was a 9-11 Troofer and special education teacher. Like all Troofers, he was convinced he was taking a big risk, and so he got himself a concealed-carry permit. But he felt he had to let his teaching assistant know about the danger they were in:

I had been giving my aide, and sometimes her daughter, a ride home after school and I knew that to discontinue this would be a considerable inconvenience for her. I was very willing to continue giving her a ride, but I felt apprehensive that she was not aware of the circumstance she was in while riding with me so I tried to inform her somewhat and showed her my pistol to emphasize that I was serious about this, that this was reality. She "freaked out" and took this information to my boss, who took it to the police.


So the guy gets taken to the flight deck, which means he no longer qualifies for his weapons permit. But he's eventually released, and might have not gotten into further trouble had he not made a silly mistake:

I made a mistake, a poor choice of words, in an email on 5/18. What I should have said was something like, "Eventually, President Bush will be charged with Treason, be found guilty by a jury of his peers, and be shot by a firing squad." What I did say was, "Eventually, he will be shot for treason." So, the Secret Service came to see me.


Hey, it could happen to anybody. Cook was eventually charged with a weapons violation. Then he made another mistake:

I was less than enthusiastic about this lawyer's performance and fired him, following the advice of a 9/11 Truth aware lawyer I was connected with thanks to Dr. Jim Fetzer, just prior to a pretrial hearing on 10/6/06. This lawyer very promptly contacted me and I allowed him to remain in my service.


Hoo-boy, you can see the fly heading rapidly for the ointment there, right? So his 9-11 Truth lawyer suggested a competency hearing. Cook went back to the rubber rooms, where he was found incompetent to stand trial. So he stayed in involuntary incarceration at the loony bin until September 2007.

But apparently the prosecutor wanted to restore him to competency by getting the shrinks to medicate him with anti-psychotic drugs. A judge refused to issue the order, and eventually Cook was released.

Let me say here that Cooks account sounds reasonable, and he does not write like an insane person. However, qualified medical personnel obviously disagreed.

Labels: , ,