Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Journal Vs. Journal

One of my side projects is to contribute papers to the Journal of Debunking Conspiracy Theories. We have come out with another edition with some interesting contributions. Ironically, my paper made a site in Germany, before I was even able to comment about it here.

Now on the other side of the spectrum, the Scholars (snicker, snicker) have their Journal of 9/11 Studies, which just came out with a new edition. It is mostly a new version of Steven Jones' website. I found the intro rather amusing:

The paper has undergone significant modifications following a third set of peer review organized by Journal of 9/11 Studies Editor Kevin Ryan.
OK, let me get this straight. His "peer review" was organized by the person he appointed to the position, at the journal he founded and runs, and who has also contributed to the very paper that he is arranging the peer review for.

Am I the only one who sees a potential problem here?

3 Comments:

At 13 September, 2006 20:46, Blogger Alex said...

My First Home Movie, by Steven Jones

CREDITS

Producer: Steven Jones
....
Director: Steven jones
.....
Assistant Director: Steven Jones
.....
Lead Role: Steven Jones
.....
Supporting role(s): Kevin Ryan
.....
Lighting: Steven Jones
.....
First Grip: Steven Jones
.....
Gaffer: Steven Jones
.....
.....
.....

 
At 13 September, 2006 22:10, Blogger Sword of Truth said...

...and I'd like to thank Professor Steven Jones (that's me!) of the Motion Picture Academy for this award...

 
At 14 September, 2006 12:53, Blogger The Artistic Macrophage said...

It is funny, every single time I have made the open challenge to CTers to present to me one other legitimate non-web based science journal that has peer reviewed the paper and published it...All I get is silence. I wonder why?

lol.

TAM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home