An Open Letter to Dylan Avery
This terrific letter came to me via email today from Jasa Slavjansky:
I am now familiar with your film "Loose Change", as well as the critique of the film by Mark Roberts. Recently, I saw what appeared to be a screenshot of a "personal profile" for yourself akin to something on either a blog, myspace page, or some other similar account owned by you. In this screenshot, it shows a quote, allegedly from you, that "Mark Roberts is CIA".
Now, assuming that you did write those words, I think this might be a valuable lesson for you: Have you ever wondered why some people call you a conspiracy nut, kook, or other derogatory terms of this nature? Well it might have a little something to do with the fact that you(assuming you did make such a claim) feel compelled to label anyone who disagrees with your theory as a part of the conspiracy itself. And you wonder why people refer to these things as conspiracies?
I read Mr. Roberts critique, and the ease with which many of your film's claims are debunked, particularly the ease by which the actual facts are found(via Google in many cases) is shocking. Basically, based on the amount of factual errors in this film, we can only come to two conclusions:
1. The "researchers"(including yourself), as in most conspiracy theories, started with a preconceived conclusion, and then purposely cherry-picked any story that seemed to support this conclusion while ignoring everything that doesn't. In other words, at a great deal of deliberate deception was involved(something like the Bush case for war in Iraq).
2. Complete incompetence. And while we're on that note, please deny that one of your colleague's on a radio show claimed that the damage to the Pentagon could have been done with a Javelin missile. Seriously, I DEMAND an apology for that remark that is idiotic beyond all mortal comprehension, seeing that the Javelin is an ANTI-TANK missile with a HEAT warhead- something that tends to leave a hole no bigger than a PENCIL. Here is a link that will explain both these concepts to you and your colleagues:
But I digress...
The point is, conspiracy believers have no right to complain about this label when they constantly label anyone who questions them as an agent of the CIA, Mossad, Illuminati, or simply paid-disinformation operative. For my questioning(simply questioning) of the 9-11 controlled demolitions theories, I have been over the past year or so been accused of being:
1. A CIA agent.
2. A Jew(by self-proclaimed "white nationalists")
3. A Neocon(I am actually more or less a socialist who actually left the United States to live in Europe)
4. A paid agent of Larry Silverstein.
Everybody that contradicts or fails to support the conspiracy is accused of being part of the conspiracy. Does that sound even remotely rational to you? If so it would explain a lot. My advice, next film you release should have the support of a credible demolitions-expert or structural engineer. Otherwise don't bother.