Saturday, July 07, 2007

Jon Gold: I'm Anti-Israel Too!

I can't figure this post out any other way. Gold lists all the posts he's made over at his website which criticize Israel. Here's one:

Please remember that Israel is a country, and Judaism is a religion. If Israel had something to do with 9/11, that DOES NOT mean you blame ALL jews....We don't agree with the actions of our Government. I'm sure if the truth were told, the Israelis would not agree with the actions of theirs. This posting is NOT meant to be anti-semitic. I am Jewish, and respect the religion completely.


I don't know why, "See, I criticize Israel, too!" is considered some sort of credential in the 9-11 Kooks movement. Well, actually, I do, but I can't see Jon pandering to that crowd. How often do you see 9-11 "Truthers" criticizing, oh, say Botswana, or Egypt or Belize, or Kazahkstan? Seldom and never. So why does Jon Gold, who's certainly not an anti-Semite, have dozens and dozens of posts criticizing Israel?

Labels: ,