Thursday, August 31, 2006

Resume Inflation

I am actually getting a bit tired of covering this subject, but they keep lying about it. The "Scholars" whole claim to authority is that they are a bunch of "experts" who are finding the truth about 9/11 that us mere mortals cannot, and to do this they have to have experts to point to. While, as Judy Wood (and I) have pointed out, they have no one in relevent fields, so now they have to fall back on raw numbers.

While numerous 9/11 conspiracy groups exist, Scholars for 9/11 Truth counts 70 professors among its 300 members, Fetzer said. He said the group bases its theories on research that can be explored at the group's website, scholarsfor911truth.org. We're simply a research organization," he said. "We're just trying to find out the truth."

No, actually you don't Jim. There are 77 Full Members, who are supposed to be credentialed academics, but even their own site lists the requirement as "who have or have had academic appointments or the equivalent". Well apparently they use the term "equivilent quite loosely. We have already pointed out examples of resume inflation, Jeffrey Farrer, who was until recently listed as a full member was a graduate student. Kevin Ryan, the famous water tester for UL, has only a BS degree.

In fact, out of the 77 Full Members, only 44 have an academic association listed on the "Scholars" website, although many of them are vague. And even this includes those at such distinguished institutions as Tunxis Community College. Many of the "Scholars" are "Professor Emeritus", otherwise known as retired, or adjunct professors or lecturers, part-time non-tenured posts.

Perhaps the strangest case that I found was:

Richard C. Murray (FM)
Sociology, George Williams College, Downers Grove, Illinois

A search of their website shows that this campus closed 20 years ago:

Despite great effort on the part of many to stabilize the school financially, George Williams College had to close its Downers Grove campus in 1986 and disband its academic programs. The Social Work, LERA, and some applied behavioral science programs were transferred that year to nearby Aurora University, which established a home for these programs as well as many of the faculty, staff, and students associated with them.
I guess he either taught there a really long time ago, or he has been wondering why nobody shows up for his classes anymore.

16 Comments:

At 31 August, 2006 20:03, Blogger CHF said...

Raw numbers mean less than nothing.

They can have 1,000 members and it means sweet fuck all so long as they've got ZERO structural engineers.

The twoofers really don't seem to understand just how important it is to have experts in the RELEVANT fields.

Instead they just bombard us with a bunch of "experts" and hope no one asks what subjects they're experts at.

It works on only the dumbest of the dumb.

 
At 31 August, 2006 20:17, Blogger ScottSl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 31 August, 2006 20:23, Blogger James B. said...

LOL A dream guidance teacher? I want to dream about the female cast of Baywatch and a jacuzzi full of jello...

 
At 31 August, 2006 20:23, Blogger ScottSl said...

It's fun sometimes to just look at the different speakers.

http://911truth.org/911rtt/speakers.html#LBurk

My favorite is Joyce Lynn
Journalist, Dream Guidance Teacher

Shortly after moving to the San Francisco Bay Area, she remembered her first dream, which gave the ending for a screenplay she was writing. Later, her dreams and those of others imparted insights into the stolen 2000 presidential election and then tips that 9/11 was an inside job. As a result, dreams have guided her reporting about health, self-expression, and politics. She gave presentations on the 9/11 Cover-up Commission at the San Francisco and Toronto Citizen's Inquiries. Joyce offers tutorials and classes on using dream wisdom for social change.

 
At 31 August, 2006 20:30, Blogger ScottSl said...

I think she's missing her "dream wisdom"....

 
At 31 August, 2006 20:33, Blogger Lying_Dylan said...

I work with a guy on that list and he is a great guy to work with.
He does not have his degree and is listed on their site as a "researcher activist".
My point is not to "out" him but rather it just proves that anyoe can make their list.

 
At 31 August, 2006 21:05, Blogger nesNYC said...

Here's some inflation from your post yesterday:

Disclaimer

I am trained in science but my day job for the last twenty years is in the visual arts.


So now the scholars are somehow not worthy to review the subject matter yet you put full confidence in a visual artist? Kinda hypocritical don't you think?

 
At 31 August, 2006 21:18, Blogger James B. said...

Huh? The only post I made yesterday was regarding the NIST report. You can find their credentials Lots of engineering degrees from MIT and Berkeley. Let me know if you find any cases of resume inflation there.

 
At 31 August, 2006 22:15, Blogger CHF said...

Mark Steyn quotes Toronto blogger Kathy Shaidle who makes a good point about the CTers.

http://www.macleans.ca/culture/books/article.jsp?content=20060904_132517_132517

I wonder if the nuts even believe what they are saying. Because if something like 9/11 happened in Canada, and I believed with all my heart that, say, Stephen Harper was involved, I don't think I could still live here. I'm not sure I could stop myself from running screaming to another country. How can you believe that your President killed 3,000 people, and in between bitching about this, just carry on buying your vente latte and so forth?

She concludes:

That's why I think a lot of this is just adolescent style posturing on the part of conspirazoids. They want to bitch about their dad but still want to use the pool and borrow the car.

Indeed, how are these people able to carry on so normally "knowing" what they "know?"

 
At 31 August, 2006 22:25, Blogger default.xbe said...

nessie is probably talking about one of the debunkers pat posted about

of course when we defer to experts its not one of these bloggers

 
At 01 September, 2006 05:21, Blogger MarkyX said...

Macleans wrote a decent article?

*looks at the window, notices no flying pigs*

 
At 01 September, 2006 09:53, Blogger GeraldRFord said...

Hey to all the makers of screw loose change.

I'm making a video about 9/11, nothing big, just something I can put on a website I'm building, can you give me a bibliography of this site? I just need to have a source other then "some blog".

And don't worry, the 9/11 movie isn't a Loose Change copy cat.

It's down to two names so far, Loose Change is Bull Shit, or Get a life 9/11.

 
At 01 September, 2006 09:58, Blogger GeraldRFord said...

btw, my email adress is loosechangeisbullshit8@hotmail.com

 
At 01 September, 2006 15:56, Blogger The Artistic Macrophage said...

gford:
I see they gave you a smack with the ole "Ban" Hammer over at LC Forum...not surprising...

 
At 02 September, 2006 18:39, Blogger GeraldRFord said...

Didn't shock me either. Those guys are real ass holes.

I think the great thing about 9/11 truthists (and I use truthists to describe us, because we know the truth that Loose Change is bull shit)is that we don't sell our video, and sell t-shirts. When I'm done my movie, I'll make a website people can view it at. I may try to get some ads on it so I can get the domain "Loose Change is Bull Shit"

 
At 13 September, 2006 08:04, Blogger Joe Berenguer said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please make a visit to my flight europe site.
Good luck in your endeavors!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home