Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Taibbi Encore!

Matt Taibbi, whose terrific piece on the 9-11 Deniers in Rolling Stone apparently got them angry, is back with another article on Alternet drawing comparisons to the OKC bombing conspiracy nutbars:

Over a month after I first wrote a column slamming the 9/11 Truth movement, I continue to get hate mail in massive quantities. A group of Truthers even picketed my office, and I'm still picking food particles out of my scarf after an incident in which the movement's house lunatic, a wild-eyed German blogger named Nico Haupt, tried to goad me into slugging him in a West Side diner.

"Go ahead, heet me, then I haf beeg story!" he roared, scream-spitting half-digested detritus in my face.

Of course I didn't hit him -- nothing in the world is more ridiculous than two writers fighting in a restaurant. If you're surprised that I would call someone who spit food on my lap a fellow writer, don't be. As I subsequently found out, Haupt is a literary juggernaut, one of the most voluble bloggers on the planet earth. His internet entries read like a MySpace mixture of MTV's Real World meets Che's Congo Diaries, only on meth and in a German accent.


Heheh. I kind of root for Nico, in the same way that I rooted for the New York Mets back in the 1960s. He seems to be the 9-11 Denier that even the Deniers find nutty.

5 Comments:

At 25 October, 2006 12:58, Blogger James B. said...

Oh man, I was going to post this one. Showing me up... that's it, you are fired!

 
At 25 October, 2006 13:41, Blogger Yatesey said...

I just spent 5 minutes reading the whiney comment regarding his article.

I would really like it if they modified their mantra to "We Want To Hear What We Want To Hear!" Instead of "We Want The Truth"

 
At 25 October, 2006 13:45, Blogger Jujigatami said...

My favorite line from the article:

And what evidence could possibly exist that would be so unwieldy that it would require the destruction of an entire building to be rid of? What, did the CIA carve its 9/11 plans in a 7,000-pound slab of New Hampshire granite in the WTC-7 basement? Were they doodled on the CIA bathroom stalls? Here I sit, broken-hearted. Came to shit, but only... planned controlled demolition of the World Trade Center!

 
At 25 October, 2006 15:37, Blogger Pat said...

Yeah, Jujig, that was my laugh out loud moment too!

 
At 25 October, 2006 20:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat,
maybe i also would have rooted for the METS in the 60s :)
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/ewing2001?id=1769

http://www.alternet.org/story/43418/?comments=view&cID=270723&pID=270697#c270723
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/ewing2001?id=1751

Next- even Bin Laden voted today against the planehuggers and orwellian 9/11 truthlings:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Uh-Zu_7-n4
What is 9/11 TV Fakery? Pt.8.1025 ('Al-Quaeda' explains...")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home