Monday, February 12, 2007

Kevin Barrett Responds (Via Dylan Avery) to the Holocaust Denial E-mail

Dylan Avery posts regarding Kevin Barrett's response to Avery commenting on his "off color" Holocaust remarks over at the Loose Change Forum:


I'd like to make a quick statement. I did in no way mean to slander Kevin Barrett. I was asked to produce a quote and I did so.

First, I apologize for lumping Kevin together with Eric. And second, I respect Kevin for what he's been able to accomplish, despite the odds being incredibly stacked against him.

Kevin has the following to say regarding that particular email:

"I would also appreciate a retraction of your blog remark about me. It has led people to lump me together with Eric, when in reality I don't share his opinions at all.

In fact I may be the only Muslim on earth who does NOT question the basic facts of the standard Western holocaust narrative. But I think the other 1, 499,999 Muslims have excellent reasons (from their perspective) for questioning it--yet those reasons, and the Muslim-majority perspective on just about everything, are systematically blacked out and/or lied about in American media and academia. That pisses me off enough that when an asshole like Rabinowitz won't stop bashing me with his anti-Muslim bigotry, I'm happy to throw the other side's argument in his face just to pull his chain.

"There ya be. Hope that clears things up a bit.


Well, except that doesn't really clear things up. Barrett does not deny writing the e-mail, in fact he seems to say he wrote it "just to pull his chain". He does not renounce these beliefs he just accuses others of being bigoted, and claims other Muslims are even worse. Is this the professional standard of behavior that is accepted at the University of Wisconsin? Anti-Semitic hate speech, just because you are mad at someone?

As of the time of this posting, there has been no "retraction" on the Loose Change blog.

Update: The Feathered Bastard, at the Phoenix New Times, also confirms this e-mail in an exchange with Barrett. Barrett gives him the same essential excuse that he gave Avery, that he was just pulling his chain. Interesting way to pull someone's chain. "Yeah, your woman is ugly.... and the Holocaust is a myth!"

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12 February, 2007 17:04, Blogger The Masked Writer said...

ALEX QUICK! Canada's Roswell is on the history channel!

 
At 12 February, 2007 18:25, Blogger shawn said...

But I think the other 1, 499,999 Muslims

One and a half million Muslims?

Pretty sure there's 1.4 billion (with a b) Muslims in the world.

I think it's also hilarious he thinks it's ok for other Muslims to question the Holocaust because they hate Jews.

 
At 13 February, 2007 02:01, Blogger Der Bruno Stroszek said...

Wow. He responded to an (entirely fair) accusation that he'd slandered millions of Jews by slandering billions of Muslims. And he seems to think he's doing them a favour! Truly, a classy individual. I can't wait to see which religious group he next accuses of being mad bigots in a desperate attempt to save his sorry arse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home